What's In My Closet - My Favorite Vintage Jewelry (Necklace and Bracelet)

Hello lovelies, today I am going to share with you some of my favorite vintage jewelry pieces that I own. As you may already know I love costume jewelry but what I love even more is vintage costume jewelry. For some reason, it always seems as if vintage jewelry has the best stones. Plus it usually has more character and better design, but that is just my opinion. 

The two pieces that I am showcasing today are both gold and feature similar cabochon stones in a deep jade color. 

What's In My Closet - My Favorite Vintage Jewelry www.toyastales.blogspot.com #toyastales #vintagejewelry #goldjewelry #fashion accessories #fashionblogger #midwestblogger #vintage #fifties
Pictured above vintage necklace from the 1950's (left) and vintage bracelet from the 1950's (right).

Wow! Just looking at the images of my fave jewels is making me want to go back out and buy them all over again, but seriously, they are beautiful pieces and I'm glad I made the investment and decision to collect them. 
  
What's In My Closet - My Favorite Vintage Jewelry www.toyastales.blogspot.com #toyastales #vintagejewelry #goldjewelry #fashion accessories #fashionblogger #midwestblogger #vintage #fifties
Pictured above vintage necklace from the 1950's (left) and vintage bracelet from the 1950's (right).

Because they are vintage I do not get to wear them as much as I want to. I want to ensure that they hold up over time so I only wear them on special occasions. 

What's In My Closet - My Favorite Vintage Jewelry www.toyastales.blogspot.com #toyastales #vintagejewelry #goldjewelry #fashion accessories #fashionblogger #midwestblogger #vintage #fifties
Pictured above vintage necklace from the 1950's (left) and vintage bracelet from the 1950's (right).

The crazy thing is one would assume that I bought both items as a set, but surprise, surprise, I did not. These pieces were bought at separate times and years apart. I didn't realize they matched until a couple of years ago because I have never worn the pieces together. 

What's In My Closet - My Favorite Vintage Jewelry www.toyastales.blogspot.com #toyastales #vintagejewelry #goldjewelry #fashion accessories #fashionblogger #midwestblogger #vintage #fifties
Close up of the vintage necklace.

I wanted to make sure to show you guys an up close image of the beautiful detail work and craftsmanship of this stunning necklace. I adore the gold filigree and how the stone enhances it and becomes the visual centerpiece.

What's In My Closet - My Favorite Vintage Jewelry www.toyastales.blogspot.com #toyastales #vintagejewelry #goldjewelry #fashion accessories #fashionblogger #midwestblogger #vintage #fifties
Close up of the vintage bracelet.

Out of the two pieces, the bracelet is my favorite. The metal work is captivating and I am pleased with how it has aged over the years. This piece looks dainty but it does have some weight to it. So if it ever falls off I will know immediately because I will no longer be weighed down, lol, but I will not have to worry about that because the clasp is well made and very sturdy. If anything I have a hard time getting it off once I put it on.

What's In My Closet - My Favorite Vintage Jewelry www.toyastales.blogspot.com #toyastales #vintagejewelry #goldjewelry #fashion accessories #fashionblogger #midwestblogger #vintage #fifties
Close up of the vintage bracelet.

If you were wondering what I used as a substitute flat lay to showcase my jewelry it is actually one of my paintings. Once I knew I wanted to showcase my vintage finds I looked around the house for the perfect photo inspiration and that is when my gaze fell upon one of my older paintings from 2007. I knew it would work out perfectly.

" Melancholy " by L. Cole. Acrylic on Canvas Board.

" Melancholy " by L. Cole. Acrylic on Canvas Board. www.toyastales.blogspot.com #melancholy #LCole #toyastales #painting #artwork #abstract #abstractexpressionism #contemporaryart


Thank you for stopping by. Feel free to visit me on social media at: 





Comments

  1. I love how your jewelry are so well crafted, the details area amazing!

    Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shireen! That is why I love vintage jewelry so much because of the beautiful craftsmanship.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful statement necklaces! I love the second one with the turquoise stones!

    XoXo,

    Tamara - LoveofMode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The second one is a bracelet and it is my fave too!

      Delete
  3. They're both such beautiful pieces xx

    Gemma • Gemma Etc. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gemma! That is why I love them both so much.

      Delete
  4. wow really beautiful
    http://thestyleride.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's cool. I like your blog. Go to my blog http://alamodenatine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your vintage jewelry is stunning! I love the gold and turquoise colors together and the details are just so beautiful! I could see why you don't wear them often since they're such delicate pieces that you wouldn't want something to happen to them!

    Tina
    www.justatinabit.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be so sad if something did happen to them. I try to be as careful as I can when I wear them. I have been able to keep them in pristine condition for the past few years.

      Delete
  7. These are simply gorgeous! I love vintage jewellery!
    Julia x
    http://www.thevelvetrunway.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love vintage jewelry too. My dream is to be able to buy some beautiful vintage pieces from auction houses but they can be really expensive.

      Delete
  8. These pieces are so stunning, I love the green color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! The green is what initially drew me to the pieces.

      Delete
  9. These pieces are indeed beautiful! I love the antique gold platting and the turquoise is just beautiful and I'm sure it looks amazing on you! Your piece also looks absolutely gorgeous! Out of curiosity, do you sell your artwork? Thanks so much for sharing, beauty, and I hope you're having a great week so far!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jalisa! I do sell my original work on Saatchi.com but mostly I sell my prints, birthday cards, and phone cases featuring my work on Fine Art America. Here is the link: https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/latoya-cole/shop/framed+prints

      Delete
  10. Such an amazing items!

    https://curlyjosephine.blogspot.ba/2017/08/crop-top-with-distressed-jeans.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such some pretty jewelries <3 Love the design <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I'm glad you liked them too!

      Delete
  12. These are absolutely amazing! Im loving the coral/jade colors!
    I would wear these all day long! Beautiful! Have a wonderful week!
    Xx Caroline
    www.foreverdolledup.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could wear them all day but I'm too afraid that something would happen to them. I hope you have wonderful week too!

      Delete
  13. I love your vintage bracelet. It is so pretty.
    X
    Miri
    http://currentlywearing.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bracelet is my absolute favorite out of the two pieces that I have showcased today.

      Delete
  14. LOVE vintage jewelry! I have my Granna's jewelry box (she was a teenager during WW2) and it's so precious to style it up with your modern clothes and carry around that history :-)
    That painting is so cool - love the turquoise and gold.

    ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.
    http://shoe-fiend.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! I would love to see your Granna's jewelry box. I can only imagine how beautiful it is. beside collecting vintage jewelry I collect vintage furniture as well. It something to behold a piece of history during this modern era. Thank you and I'm glad you liked my painting as well. I feature turquoise a lot in my art. Well, now that I think about it I feature gold a lot too. Lol!

      Delete
  15. really gorgeous!
    anyway, i hope you can visit my blog too and follow if you like.
    saying hello all the way from the Philippines!

    xoxo, rae
    http://www.raellarina.net/

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are beautiful pieces. I love vintage pieces and adore them!

    http://www.fashionablyidu.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both pieces are so beautiful and I love the colours.

    Gemma
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The colors go so well together.

      Delete
  18. The deep jade colour of the bracelet is really beautiful; a lovely statement piece of jewellery to have in your collection!

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is one of my most cherished pieces.

      Delete
  19. I love these pieces so much! Look so magically!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Marni Madder Print Dress